Friday 14 August 2009

Secret Squirrel

If there is one thing you should know about me it’s that I cannot sleep on an empty stomach. I was already aware of this information and yet last night I attempted to embark on slumber with a gurgling stomach. On the rare occasions that this has happened in the past I have waited it out fooling myself that sleep will battle it out and defeat hunger; four hours later I’d crumble and then go and eat some (haha).

So last night I gave in within 15 minutes of having been horizontal instead of wasting hours lying awake with only my chattering stomach for company. Like a secret squirrel operating under the cover of nightfall off I went foraging for nuts. I felt nuts would be less offensive to my toothbrush than BBQ Pringles or a clove of garlic so I stood in the kitchen in my pants and ate 45 grams of cashews. I wasn’t fully satisfied after my ‘feast’ but short of eating the Pringles and the garlic there’s not a lot I could do about it. At least my flatmates didn’t catch me with my boobs out popping nuts in my mouth.

And with a brush of her teeth and a sigh of relief the secret squirrel fell asleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment